Tuesday, October 7, 2008

20T: Sunshine after the Rain

So I lost my car in the accident, we do have a second car but it’s a manual. After about a week of serious heart in trying to drive ‘er, I have given up and resorted to taking the bus to work. My commute time has now gone from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours because of where we are located on the bus routes.. Two buses to get to work…

Anyways I didn’t dare complain to hubby as I was the one who smashed the car, even though it wasn’t deliberate or could have been helped. But I was feeling guilty about the actions that preceeded the accident… I also figured taking the bus would give me plenty of time to reflect on my actions and decisions in the past few weeks. This is when I came up with my list of things to accomplish.

First up on the chopping block: friends. Since I work at a University, you would think it would come easy, but after a week and a half of riding the bus.. I was getting desperate. Then one day it all changed. I was sorely depressed about not knowing how to meet new people, this is a hard task in itself. We were all smushed onto the bus and I got in and some brunette started yapping away to me about how the bus is a great way to meet people. I could tell that was just what she was trying to do. However I snuffed out that she was a first year and quite a bit under my maturity level. The bus doors opened again and this pretty blonde came on board. Instantly I felt that we could be great friends, but much too shy to talk to her I just moved down the line to make room. The brunette still yapping in my ear about rainbows and sunshine.. Then outta nowhere the blonde asked me about my nails. Was she starting a conversation with me? I was so surprised.. and we started chatten away, and she was a fourth year and blah blah. As she was about to get off the bus, she introduced herself as “ella” and pointed at me, “haden” I replied. “Hopefully we’ll bump into each other again” she said as the bus doors closed. Man I was like a fat kid in the candy store! Had I just possibly maybe met a potential friend? YES!!! I can do this! I can meet people! Seriously I was so excitied, I didn’t mind that I had to sit in the rain for 35 minutes while waiting for the second bus to come. My life is finally going to change.

And as far as the sunshine after the rain.. I may have lost my car, but hubby and I bought a house!! We move in Dec 1st!!

No comments: